It is possible to select a default courier for individual products so that when they are ordered, the default courier service will always get applied regardless of shipping rules or mapping setup.
ⓘ Use with caution! This method of determining the courier service can be dangerous as it will over-ride any rules or mapping setup separately.
This can be set to apply when this product is ordered on its own (single line order) or alternatively if this SKU is contained in an order containing other products too by selecting the tick box 'Apply if product is contained in multiple line order'.
You can do this manually on each product or in bulk via a spreadsheet upload.
Manually setting a default courier service per product
- Navigate to Products > Overview
- Search for the product & select 'Actions > Edit'
- Navigate to the Default tab and Select Courier Defaults in the sub-menu.
- Setup as required & press 'Add'.
Uploading via spreadsheet
- Navigate to Products > Extras > Upload Additional Info
If you don't have it already you can download the template by selecting 'CourierServiceDefaults' from the drop down menu.
There are 4 columns of data required by the template;
|The name of the courier service as setup in Mintsoft
|Destination country of the order for this to apply. Can be country name or short code e.g. United States or US.
|Enter TRUE if the rule is to apply to multi-line orders, otherwise enter FALSE.
Once your spreadsheet has been populated & saved it can be uploaded.
2. Select the client from the dropdown list.
3. Pick type of 'CourierServiceDefaults' from the list
4. Choose your file to upload
5. Press Upload
You should see a success message:
Additional Info - Order Audit History
The system logs on each order the audit trail of what has been changed from defaults so you can easily identify where this rule has applied.
To view the order history
- Navigate to Orders > Overview
- Search for the order or pick from the list
- Click Actions > Details
- Select the history tab
You'll see a message like the highlighted one in this example: