- Imports orders
- Option for stock syncronisation
- Updates tracking numbers & despatch status
- Option for VAT pricing breakdown on sales orders
- Imports products from ebay listings with limited info (SKU, Description & Weight)
Before setting up connection to Ebay, a couple of important points to consider:
Ebay Order Numbering
Ebay introduced a new order number sequence which unfortunately is not available via its API at the time of writing (23/11/20). This means that the order number on Ebay and order number on Mintsoft will not match.
Out of stock option
In order for Mintsoft to update listings when total stock reaches Zero across all variants, you will need to enable the out of stock option on your Ebay Account:
- Go to My eBay > Account > Site Preferences
- Under “Selling Preferences,” click “Show” next to Sell Your Item form and listings
- Click “Edit” next to “Use the out-of-stock option”
- Select the checkbox, then click “Apply”
If you do not do this and stock reaches in Zero in Mintsoft - the listing will still be available for customers to order.
Setup a new connection
1.To setup the Ebay integration with Mintsoft, Navigate to Connect > Order Integrations > Ebay
2. Leave the user-token blank and enter delays of 15 mins, as per the below:
3. Leave the active option un-ticked.
4. Click create and you will get a success message:
5. Now click the green authorise account button:
6. Then click the authorise link again (it will open a new tab - do not close the Mintsoft tab) taking you to eBay to login and authorise our access:
7. Login to eBay using your credentials and grant Mintsoft access once prompted.
8. Once the authorisation is complete, close the eBay tab and go back to the Mintsoft tab and click the complete button:
NOTE: If you update your password in Ebay you will need to re authorise the Ebay connection again with the new updated password.
- Breakdown VAT - Ebay only supplies gross order values on the API - if you want OMS to back-calculate VAT charged to customers - tick this box. If you have show pricing enabled on the despatch notes it will then display a VAT breakdown
- Use USER ID as Company Name - we will append the ebay USER ID in addition to the company name on the customers address with this option ticked
- Import Listings / Sync Stock Overnight - Improves Performance with high No of Listings and Variations - this is recommended for high volumes of listings - over 5,000
Setting Up Products in Ebay
In order for the connection to work on ebay - you must populate your SKUS (custom labels) on Ebay.
Single Listing Item
If your item is a single listing item - you can easily edit this by going to 'seller manager active listings', find the listing, click Add in the custom label column, enter the desired SKU:
For variant listings this is a little more difficult - you need to revise your listing (if the listing is already created):
- Select revise your item:
2. Click Add / Edit variations:
3. Click Continue, and then Continue again on the next page.
4. Then you can add the Custom Labels (SKUS):
5. Enter the SKUS and continue and save the listing.
Courier Term Mapping
Ebay currently sends the following shipping terms on the API integration for UK stores, you will need to map the value in the tag column to a courier service or type in OMS.
|Collection in Person
|Collect in person
|Economy postage from outside UK
|Expedited Int'l Flat Rate Postage
|Express postage from outside UK
|International tracked postage
|Other 24 Hour Courier
|Other Courier 3 days
|Other 48 Hour Courier
|Other Courier 5 days
|Other courier or delivery service
|Other Int'l Postage (see description)
|Parcelforce Euro 48
|Parcelforce International Datapost
|Parcelforce International Scheduled
|Parcelforce Global Economy (Not available for destinations in Europe)
|Parcelforce Global Express
|Parcelforce Global Value
|Parcelforce Ireland 24
|Royal Mail Airmail
|Royal Mail Airsure
|Royal Mail 1st Class Signed For
|Royal Mail 1st Class
|Royal Mail HM Forces Mail
|Royal Mail International Signed-for
|Royal Mail Tracked 24
|Royal Mail 2nd Class Signed For
|Royal Mail 2nd Class
|Royal Mail Special Delivery
|Royal Mail Special Delivery 9:00 am
|Royal Mail Special Delivery; 1:00 pm
|Royal Mail Surface Mail
|Royal Mail Tracked 48
|Sellers Standard International Rate
|Seller's Standard Rate
|Standard Int'l Flat Rate Postage
|Standard postage from outside UK
|Tracked delivery from outside abroad
|Royal Mail 48
|Royal Mail 24
Re-Authorise Ebay Account (token expired)
After a certain period of time eBay expire the token that the system uses to connect to eBay.
e.g.Order Import Error:
Authorisation token is hard expired. User needs to generate a new token for this application.
Firstly you will need to delete the token on the Ebay Connection : Connect > Orders > Ebay > Edit
Delete the token value in the field and save the connection.
Now you will have a green authorise button as shown at the start of the guide: