From time to time, you will experience order imports failing for many reasons, the most common reason is "unable to find product".
This means that the system has been unable to find a product with a SKU code that matches exactly in our database.
Reasons for unable to find product errors
Typical scenarios for product import errors are that:
1) The product has not been yet setup on Mintsoft
2) The product is setup, but the SKU codes are slightly different - either a space has been copied accidently or even a spelling mistake.
3) A SKU value has not been setup on the connecting channel at all
Either scenario would create a product import error on Mintsoft like this:
If you click into the error the system will display the full reason for the failure providing the order number, SKU code & the source the order is importing from:
If there is no SKU value showing, this means the product needs a SKU added on the source.
Create a Product from error message
You can create a product directly from the import error section by ticking it and hit create product from the action drop down:
Resolve the Error
Once the product has been added or SKU has been added to the channel - resolve the error:
Error will dissapear
Use Alternative code mapping to solve product import errors
If the product already exists but has a different SKU value in mintsoft - you can use alternative code mapping to solve the problem, see this guide:
Why does the same import error keep coming back?
Despatch Status on Import Source!
If the order you have selected to update on the import error section is still in unshipped status on the source we are importing from then the error will keep appearing until you either;
1) Add the missing SKU on mintsoft
2) Create an alternative SKU mapping
3) Set the order to shipped / despatched on the channel manually