You can setup the system to automatically add products to orders when certain conditions are met.
This could be scenarios such as:
- Free gift with every eBay order over £50
- Free set of batteries when remote control toy is ordered
- Special box or packaging item added when fragile item ordered
- Leaflet given out with every order
Value / Channel Based
Please navigate to Settings > Customer Account Settings Section > Additional Order Item Rules
Then click "Add"
Then select the client and rules that apply. In our scenario every Ebay order above £50 will get a free gift product added to the order:
If the rule is dependant on the product being ordered by the customer - you set this up on the product level by navigating to Products > Overview then search for ordered product and click Actions > Edit:
Click the defaults tab and then the linked product rules tab:
Then just add the product & select QTY you want to link.
By default for every unit of your initial product that gets ordered, the system will add the corresponding quantity you have selected for the linked item.
1) If 10 units of your initial product get ordered and you have set linked item quantity to 1 unit, then 10 units of the linked item will get added.
2) If 10 units of your initial product get ordered and you have set linked item quantity to 2 units, then 20 units of the linked item will get added.
However you can limit the quantity of the additional linked item that gets added to the order by toggling on the option to "limit once per order"
Uploading Linked Items In Bulk
You can upload linked product rules in bulk by navigating to Products > Extras > Upload Additional Info
Setting the item as no picking charge
If you don't want to charge for picking and packing of the free gift, or linked product you again do this on the product level and click the picking / storage tab: