A bundle is a group of different products (or multiple quantities of the same product) sold together under one product code (SKU). Setting up bundles is a good way of managing inventory as the stock transactions get split down to the component product codes without having to manually transfer stock in and out of different codes.
The total amount of available stock for the bundle will automatically be the lowest number of the underlying products within that bundle.
Example 1: Bundle consists of 1 x Product A (25 units in stock) and 1 x Product B (10 units in stock) then the bundle will show an inventory amount of 10.
Example 2: Bundle consists of 4x Product C and there are 16 items of Product C in stock, the amount of available bundles will be 4.
Its not possible to convert products to bundles. In this case, you would need to follow these steps:
1. Edit the SKU & Rename it to allow the SKU to be freed up for use with bundle
2. Mark that SKU as discontinued
3. Create the new bundle
Adding a Bundle
To add a bundle
- Navigate to Products > Add New Bundle
- Enter a unique SKU code for the bundle (other details optional - there is no need to enter barcodes, but if there is one available please enter it)
3. In the 'Add Product To Bundle' section, select or search for the products to add to this bundle, click add. You can set the % of sales value for each item if you want to split costs across the items in the bundle.
4. Repeat to add all the products into this bundle.
This bundle (SKU: BUNDLESKU1) if ordered would create an order for 3 items:
- 1x NewSKU123
- 2x NewSKU5
Adding Bundles via a Spreadsheet in Bulk
You can also upload bundles in bulk:
- Products > Extras > Upload Additional Info
- Download the template Bundle
- Populate the bundle SKU, Name and Description & as many of the SKU1, Quantity1, SKU2, Quantity2 columns as required
- Upload Spreadsheet (select the client and type = bundle).