This function is primarily used to deal with large letter mappings, but can be used for other scenarios if required such as if light items are too large to be sent as RM packets.
The courier service selection rules do not allow for product dimensions, so to deal with the situation where a packet service is selected for an order but it should be large letter - you can use the switch courier rule for each product that is able to be sent as a large letter.
This can be done via a spreadsheet upload or individually by editing each product.
Manually Setting Rules
- Navigate to Products > Overview
- Search or browse for the required product
- Click Actions > Edit.
- Select 'Default Tab' then 'Courier Switching' sub tab.
- Set the service you want to switch from / to and click Add
Add additional rules as required e.g. for 2nd Class packet orders to change to 2nd Class large letter
By default, this setting will only apply to an order if it contains only this item (single line order). If you want the rule to apply on multi-line orders (where multiple products are contained within an order) there is an option available. Be careful as this will override other courier service rules.
Now on the default tab you will be able to see switch rules in place;
Uploading Via a Spreadsheet
- Navigate to Products > Extras
- Select Upload Additional Info
- If required, download the template CourierServiceSwitch, populate and save.
- Then upload (selecting type of 'CourierServiceSwitch') > Upload.
Set 'MultiLine' to TRUE if you want the switch rule to apply on orders containing this & other SKUs, otherwise set to FALSE.
If populated correctly you'll get a success message like the below: